To serve you better, we've assembled a list of our customers' most frequently asked questions. If you don't find your answer here, feel free to contact us.

Does the property have water service, availability and capacity?  Please call the CCSUD office 830-372-1031 and ask if that property currently has a meter.

     > If yes, then you would be instructed how to transfer services and the costs associated with that transfer by the CCSUD Office Staff.

     > If no, the Office Staff would then advise you of the actions, documents, and costs necessary to determine water capacity and/or availability.  This may require a capacity study and/or an engineer study to be performed by our engineering consultants.  

Please note there is a difference between water capacity and water availably

There may be water availably in the area of that property, meaning there is a sufficient amount of water to provide water services to the tract, however, there may not be the required infrastructure in place to deliver water to a that specific property, hence the water capacity concern.  This could mean that there may be construction of infrastructure needed to provide water to that specified piece of land, and there could be a cost to the landowner/customer for that construction. In order to determine the circumstances necessary to answer that question, the customer would first need to complete the paperwork and pay for the study(ies). 

This is would be advantageous for a potential property purchase PRIOR to the acquisition. It tends to be an important component to assist in determining the value of property; can it be served immediately by a water utility, or is an additional investment by the property owner required. 

This could be a topic for conversation with the seller PRIOR to the buyer binding a contract for a property purchase.  Buyer beware; it is important to do your due diligence and ensure you have all the pertinent details.  


For any after hours or holiday emergencies, please call 830-372-1031 and leave a detailed message.  Please also include your name, address and phone number so we may return your call.

The District  (CCSUD) is required as a condition of its state-granted Certificate of Convenience and Necessity (CCN) to provide continuous and adequate service to all customers within its CCN area.  In order to meet that obligation, CCSUD is required to expand its system and obtain easements for the placement and maintenance of all pipelines and infrastructure.  There is a process involved and a formula to calculate the value of the easements based on many factors; comparable tracts in the area are a component as well as the impact to the landowner resulting from the easement.  In some cases, the availability of water on the tract as the result of the easement and infrastructure actually increases the value of the tract. 

During the pursuit of these easements, CCSUD pays for the services of the land acquisition company and their agents, as well as compensation for the easement (or, if necessary, the cost of condemnation).   CCSUD currently utilizes the services of Texas Land & Right of Way for acquisition.

CCSUD and their land agents work diligently to acquire the easements at the most reasonable cost; however, there can be times when the landowner is not willing to negotiate a reasonable amount of compensation or attempts to impose unreasonable conditions on CCSUD’s use of the easement.  This can result in CCSUD resorting to filing for condemnation under its state-granted power of eminent domain, which can be expensive for both CCSUD and the landowner. 

What many do not understand is the impact of the cost of the easements and/or condemnation, and how it directly affects the customers of CCSUD (including that landowner if they are a customer).  The costs can become substantial, especially if the landowner is opposed to fair and reasonable negotiations.  CCSUD is not a corporation based on profits and paying dividends to investors; we are a special utility district tasked with providing safe, potable water to the customers in our District’s CCN.  In turn, the revenues are put back into the operation and maintenance of the District.  The costs of easements are part of the budgeted amount and those costs directly affects rates and fees. 

You may not have - the numbers on your meter may have been transposed or hard to read. You could possibly have a leaky toilet or faucet that's difficult to detect. Please check your meter reading if you feel it may be in error and then call the office and we'll work with you to solve the problem.

Check your meter and the surrounding area for possible leaks. Next, call our office and report low pressure for your area.  Please be sure to sign up for alerts on our website and make sure the office has your latest contact information, including phone numbers and email addresses.  We are now able to notify you in cases of planned water outages.

A repair could have been completed recently allowing air to enter the line, causing the milky look.

Only chemicals that are approved by the National Safety Foundation for treatment of drinking water.

All public water systems are required to maintain a minimum chlorine level of 0.2 mg/L (tested at the end of each line) by state law. Systems that use chloramine as a disinfectant must maintain a level of 0.5 mg/L by state law. Our disinfectant levels are tested daily to ensure safety.

Most likely your water heater needs to be flushed. CAUTION: Most manufacturers recommend hiring a professional to flush your water heater. If you plan on doing this yourself, read the owner's manual to keep from being hurt and or damaging the water heater.

We may have received it after the due date or we may not have received it at all. Call our office and we will help you solve the problem.

267 mg/L or  16 grains/gallon on a water softener

Yes, CCSUD now generates the billing the day after late notices are sent, then they are emailed to the processor and they are printed and mail through the USPS.  This is in an effort to provide our customers with more advance notice of their amount due and time to review their billing statements.  If you have questions about your bill, please contact the CCSUD office and the Staff will be happy to assist you.  

The due date and disconnect schedule has NOT changed.

CCSUD has NO way of knowing when a credit/debit card are due to expire or if there have been issues with fraud on the customers' financial accounts. This is to help protect the security of the customers' card information as CCSUD does NOT store that card infomation in our system.  The card holder is the responsible party for updating the information.   

Information from the credit/debit card processing company:

In order to meet changing industry standards and fees associated with processing card data, Bill Servicing, a division of Bankcard Associates, current fee schedule to all IVR and Online Payees as follows: 


  • A charge of 2.95% to any transaction above $85
  • A charge of $2.50 to any transaction below $85